As a Cadet there are many opportunities available to you within your local division, region and across Wales. These include:
- Learning lifesaving first aid
- Meeting new people
- Building your confidence
- Gaining new qualifications and skills
- Undertaking a range of outdoor and sporting activities
- Attending regular camps
Each year we hold a range of exciting events for our members aged between 10-18.
Below is a short video clip from a recent ‘fun packed’ Cadet Conference:
The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme
On the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, you’ll have the chance to get involved with:
- Teaching others first aid skills
- Helping at events such as pop concerts and top level sporting matches
- Taking part in competitions and international events
- Travelling to new places
The Grand Prior Programme
The Grand Prior offers both a challenging and rewarding experience for young volunteers aged 10-21 years old.
It’s great news if you’re looking for a recognised qualification within St John Cymru Wales and external organisations that demonstrates commitment to your own development and serving the wider community.
To complete the programme, you will need to complete:
- eight subjects to achieve the Bronze Award
- a further eight subjects to achieve the Silver Award
- an additional four subjects to achieve the Gold Award
- a final four to achieve the Grand Prior Award, the highest recognition for a youth member
So, if you fancy becoming a Cadet, click here to join us!