What does being a youth leader involve?
All we ask is for four hours a month of your time. Many of our volunteers do more if they wish.
As a Youth leader, you can:
- teach first aid or other subjects
- organise weekly meetings
- organise games and social activities
- deliver bespoke first aid training
You don’t need any previous first aid or youth leading experience- we will provide training for this role.
We are looking for people who are:
- passionate about youth work
- willing to learn new skills and help to develop young people
- keen to make a positive difference for themselves and others
Find out how you can become a youth leader here.
Youth Leader – Jasmine Paffey, Newport Division
“Being a youth leader with St John Cymru Wales has given me chance to experience things I never expected. I feel rewarded when I see how excited my youth members are about opportunities that we can offer them. It’s inspiring to see so many children committed to volunteering, and I’m proud to be making a positive difference.”